Sha Zen Massage is an independently owned massage business where the owner is a massage therapist and will be working alongside you. I understand and can appreciate how hard we work to provide quality care for our clients. We encourage the growth and creativity of our therapists. We welcome new ideas and encourage continuous learning. We know that you chose this profession to help people feel good, so we provide you with the materials, resources, and supportive environment you need so you can focus on creating a relaxing and therapeutic experience for our clients.
We are primarily looking for a Massage Therapist, however, we would welcome a dual-licensed MT who could do both Massage and Esthetics. We’re looking for a dedicated therapist that enjoys the small office, no-drama environment. We are looking for someone that is comfortable working independently yet adds value when asked to collaborate with our team. The ideal therapist would bring their own unique style in creating sessions that meet client needs while upholding the Sha Zen Massage brand and philosophies. We want the type of person that believes in the healing power of massage therapy, is willing to jump in and lend a hand when needed and is ready to grow with us!
- What it takes to succeed:
- Must be a licensed and insured Massage Therapist in the State of Mich. Dual licensed MT/Estheticians are encouraged to apply.
- Proven ability to design and perform specific Relaxation or Therapeutic Massage sessions ranging from 60-120 min to meet the client’s individual needs. Able to perform 4-6 massage sessions in a day.
- Training in Hot Stone Massage and Cupping Therapy is preferred, as we do a lot of these therapies and is most requested by our clients’. Training may be provided for the right candidate if desired. Additional training in specialized modalities such as Prenatal, Thai, Reflexology, Reiki, Acupressure, etc. would be welcomed and appreciated but not required.
- We are ideally looking for someone to cover popular times for clients to schedule such as some evenings and weekends. The right candidate must be willing to be flexible at times with their schedule considering the nature of our work. We work with our practitioners to match their availability and desired number of hours a week to our availability. We confirm with each person the hours we expect to start scheduling them prior to hiring.
- A proven knack for creating memorable guest experiences through a friendly and helpful attitude. Applies the same attitude to enhance our small team culture.
- Basic computer skills. We are a paperless office so you’ll need to be comfortable scheduling appointments, answering the phone, and taking payment electronically.
- Ability to maintain a clean and relaxing atmosphere, particularly the treatment rooms and common areas. We all work as a team and help each other out to accomplish this.
- Strong work ethic and reliable transportation to/from work.
- Ability to adhere to our dress code to maintain the Sha Zen Massage Image. This includes uniforms (such as scrubs and black slacks) and closed-toe shoes. Please, no bare feet unless it is required for the modality.
- Experience in SOAP Note Charting is required as you will be doing this for each client.
What’s in it for you:
- Salary: Up to -55% commission per massage/service depending on experience and specialties. This is a 1099 IC employee position. The therapist will keep 100% of their tips. Pay is Bi-Weekly with the option for Direct Deposit.
- Discounts on services for spouse and on products in-store.
- Flexible scheduling with a small team that works to help each other. 30 min. breaks in between clients – no rushing for clients or therapists here!
- All materials including, equipment, refreshments, marketing, Soap Note charting software, and an online scheduling platform are provided. Linen service and lotions/oils are available if needed.
- We have a beautiful, clean, professional office to treat your clients in the manner they deserve. Along with an inviting common area for clients and therapists, that includes an atrium with skylight.
- We’re in a great location – close to US-23 / Washtenaw Ave with ample onsite parking
- Part-time/full-time schedules available 3-6 days.
Job Types: Part-time/full time
Salary: Up to -55% commission or $31.50- $44.00 per Massage hour, plus tips, store, and service discounts
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
Salary: $32.00 to $44.00 / Hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission